$14.00 an hour
Full-time / Part-time / Temporary
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Commercial Driving: 1 year
Air Brake Endorsement
DRIVERS, LOOKING FOR A FUN SEASONAL JOB?
Helen Tubing and Helen WATER Park hiring for the upcoming 2022 season!
This is a seasonal position, an ideal opportunity for school bus drivers or other professional drivers wanting a summer position.
We are seeking shuttle bus drivers to transport guests. The primary role of drivers is to provide all guests with a safe, excellent transport experience. You’ll be transporting guests and their tubes between locations and providing guests information about their trip. If you love being around people and working with a team, this is a rewarding job for you!
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger and Airbrake endorsements required. Must typically be available to work weekends. Bonus Pay to work weekends and holidays. Our season runs from Mid May to Labor Day, often with opportunities on weekends before and after.
- Transport guests on buses between multiple pick-up and drop-off
- Safely drive and back bus with attached trailer. All buses have trailers attached
- Use trailers to haul gear (tubes, lifejackets, straps) to our access points along the river. As needed, help load/unload the trailer
- Adhere to all DOT and State laws and regulations and company policies while driving
- Provide top-notch guest services to all guests, before, during, and after their activity, including answering questions concerning trip specifics and local information
- Perform daily and pre-trip bus inspections, documenting all inspections and reporting any issues to management
- Possess a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger and Airbrake endorsements
- Available to work weekends
- Provide proof you have passed a physical within the last 60 days prior to hire (If you possess a CDL, but need a physical, we can help schedule one.)
- Provide proof of a clean driving record, an MVR
- Pass a background check
- Pass randomized drug and alcohol tests
- Comfortable working and driving in varying weather conditions and in heavy traffic areas
- Exhibit sound and safe judgement
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic about explaining the ins and outs of our outdoor activities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to remain calm and collected in an emergency situation
- Problem-solving and initiative
- Ability to work on a busy team
- Conscientiousness and attentive to detail
- Team-orientation and ability to take direction
- Professionalism at all times
- Enthusiasm, motivation, and friendliness
- Kindness, respect, warmth, and compassion
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Spanish-language, Bilingual
This job description doesn’t describe in detail all tasks that may be assigned but gives a general idea for the expectations of this position. Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties at any time.